Potential Homeowner Benefits:
- Customs Duty exemption on approved construction related imports
- ABST zero-rated materials and aggregates procured locally from registered CAB-I suppliers
- ABST zero-rated services from participating service providers
- Store discounts on building supplies procured locally
- Reduced interest rates with participating banks
- Reduction in the negotiation/commitment fee
- Discounts on premiums with participating Insurance Companies
How does it work?
Under the Initiative, homeowners access the government approved incentive of zero Antigua & Barbuda Sales Tax (ABST) on all building materials procured locally as well as exemption on select import tariffs on approved imports. As a part of the incentive package, other stakeholders (financial institutions, insurance firms, architects etc.) extend reduced service fees and charges to CAB-I approved clients.
What projects are eligible?
Only new residential construction projects by first-time homeowners are eligible for benefits under CAB-I.
What is the process for registering for benefits under CAB-I?
- Secure Development Control Authority (DCA)
- Engage a reputable construction company/agent.
- Make contact with ABIA for further guidance
- Complete the CAB-I registration form and the estimate template.
For single level structures
For two-story structures
*For structures exceeding two floors, please duplicate stage three sheet
Submit the following documents to ABIA:
- Completed registration form
- Copy of the signed contract/agreement with the contractor
- Detailed estimate (prepared using the CAB-I estimate template)
- A copy of the DCA Approval
- DCA Approved Plans (Physical and Electronic Copies)
- Government-issued Identification – 2 valid forms (Antiguan passport and one Government issued ID confirmation residency overseas)
- All projects are subject to an assessment fee to cover quantity-surveying services. The Authority will advise the amount to be paid.
ABIA conducts a review of the file and sub-contracts quantity surveying services. Applicants will be provided with a copy of the assessment report.
Applicants are issued the CAB-I Certificate and their official CAB-I Shopping List.
CAB-I registered homeowners or their homeowner representatives are required to present a government-issued ID along with their CAB-I Certificate and Shopping List when making local purchases. Homeowners or their representatives must sign copies of the receipts at the point of purchase.
How long does the process take?
Applicants will be issued their CAB-I Certificate and Shopping list 10 – 15 business days, after submission of a complete registration package.
Click Here to print the information sheet.
Extension and Modification Requests
For more information, contact the ABIA at 481-1000/1 or firstname.lastname@example.org